Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday Decorations: The Really Lame Thanksgiving Edition

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm writing this on Wednesday afternoon, but will be scheduling it to post on Thursday morning.  By the time you actually see these pictures the turkey decorations will be packed up and taken back to the garage to make space for CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.  I won't actually decorate for Christmas until the weekend but I want to have time to take regular stuff down and clean before putting up Santa and poinsettias and snowmen.

We don't have a lot of Thanksgiving decorations.  I never feel like buying them in July when they are available and by the time November rolls around all the stores have are Christmas decorations.  I keep all of our "fall" decorations out after I take Halloween stuff down, so the pumpkins and leaves help to fill in the turkeys.

This guy is by the front door 
Towels on the oven
Turkeys sitting on shelves

Dining room servers

The picture in the middle is of my grandparents at my wedding.  My grandma is 93! years old today.  Isn't that amazing?  My grandfather passed away in November, 2005.  I miss him every day and wish Spencer had been able to know him.
Turkey gel cling.  Bad picture quality.
And last, but not least, Spencer's turkey hand art.  The boy has mad skills.

Now get off blogger and get your grub on.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

I think you have a ton of Thanksgiving decor. I love it all too. We have a wooden pilgrim couple and I bought some gourds to put with them. That's it. The pilgrims would make a good blog post. Maybe...

Cat said...

I also decorate for Thanksgiving, but you're right, it's hard to find stuff. The stores go from selling Halloween decorations to Christmas, with maybe one or two turkeys available if you're lucky. My mom did get me a couple of Thanksgiving decorations for the new place so I put those up, but I'll have to keep an eye out next year.