Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 6th and Bed Update

What a weird title. It's accurate though. It totally describes what I'm going to talk about.

This is Spencer on 1/6/08. 4 months old. He had just reached 10 pounds and we were taking this picture to show what a chunk he was becoming. He started out at 5 pounds 15 ounces and went down to 5 pounds 11 ounces. 10 pounds seemed like a lot at the time.

1/6/09. 16 months. Look at those chubby cheeks.We have no idea what he's eating here, but he seems happy about it.
1/6/10- 2 years 4 months What a goofball
OK, on to the bed update. The double bed is now in Tucson at Nick's house. The queen bed is now in the guest room. I think it looks good. We just need to raise the picture up a little.
The king bed is set up and in our room. Spencer and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday and I was 192% prepared to buy the new bedding. They didn't have it. The lady checked the computer and saw that it was available at two locations in Tucson and in Austin, Texas. SO convenient that I just so happen to have a number of relatives and friends in Tucson. My mom bought it last night. Unfortunately, it'll probably be 2 weeks before we get it. We're using the purple flowered bedspread as a temporary solution. It doesn't really fit, but I tend to kick the covers off mid-way through the night anyway.

Just so I don't give the impression that Michael and I are rolling around in hundred dollar bills over here and buying each other extravagant gifts all the time, let me explain the financing of the bed: Michael's parents gave us a generous cash Christmas present (thanks!). My parents gave us a generous cash Christmas present (thanks!). My parents gave us a generous "thanks for spoon feeding Geech for 3 weeks and walking him every day and letting him sleep in your bed" cash donation (thanks!). We also got a refund dividend from our insurance (thanks USAA!). All combined we paid a total of $30 out of pocket for the mattress, box spring, frame and bedding set. We also spent $70 on a matress pad, set of sheet and king size pillows. 70+30=100 divided by Michael's gift to Natalie for Christmas and Anniversary and Natalie's gift to Michael for Christmas and Anniversary = $25 for each gift. Not bad, huh?

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm gonna be in Tucson this weekend want me to deliver you your bedding?