Friday, May 22, 2009

The poop incident of '09

I had a good flashback Friday planned for today. It will have to be postponed because of what I will now refer to as "the poop incident of '09". I will describe this incident in the kindest way possible while trying my best to keep my dear readers from throwing up like I did. If you have a sensitive gag reflex like I do, maybe you should skip this post.

Spencer was wearing overalls today. He doesn't really like overalls because of the bib part, but he looks really cute in them. After we got back from running errands this morning I took his overalls and shirt off and let him run around in his diaper. I was making lunch in the kitchen (duh, where else would I be cooking?) and Spencer was playing in the hallway. He wandered into the guest room and was suspiciously quiet.

I walked into there to see what he was doing and this is what I found: a naked baby with poop smeared on his belly and legs and a pile of poop in the recliner. OK. As gross as that sounds I was strangely somewhat fine with it. I picked him up, stuck him in the shower and let the water run over him while I gathered supplies to start scrubbing the chair. I had just started scrubbing when Spencer, in the shower, started saying "uh-o, uh-o, uh-o". I walked into the bathroom to find that he had finished pooping in the shower. That's when I lost it and my quick trigger gag reflex took over. I threw up several times in rapid succession.

I scrubbed him down as fast as I could, picked him up and stood him on the bathroom floor. Then I put on some latex gloves that I keep around for biohazard cleanup and cleaned the shower. I won't go into the details but lots of bleach was used and I gagged and vomited a few more times. In the meantime Spencer went and sat on the carpet in the hallway and left a nice juicy poop smear for me to clean up there too.

Fast forward 20 minutes and lots and lots and lots of cleaning products- the chair is clean, the hallway is clean, the shower is clean and the baby is cleaned AND diapered.

I called Michael at work to tell him I was resigning the position of mother. He asked if I took pictures of all the poop to post on the blog. I did not.

Instead, here are some pictures from yesterday of Spencer learning to hold and drink out of an open cup. He's getting pretty good.

And this is Ginger yesterday looking pissy that I disturbed her nap.

4 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
Maybe the "clothing optional" policy needs rethinking until Spencer can learn to keep his diaper on! Poor mommy...

Natalie said...

It already has been rethought and revoked. And a bit of duct tape might be added to the diapers from here on out.

Maryellen said...

That's really gross but funny. I was surprised you were even able to write about it. My favorite part was Spencer saying "uh oh" in the shower.

Karen said...

Hmmm...so I was hoping that whole gag reflex thing only happened when it is someone else's kids and with your own you can somehow stand it. I guess not...