Wednesday, May 6, 2009

20 months

Spencer turned 20 months old today. I realized this morning this means he is closer to 2 than he is to 1. I guess he has been for a month now, but math has never really been my strength.

Here he is last May when he was 9 months.

He's just a little different this year. It took me 56 pictures (no-seriously) to get a photo good enough to be considered the 20 month shot. Spencer was cranky all afternoon- it was a bad day for photos in our house.

Spencer's new trick. Last weekend we moved the side table out from next to the couch and moved the ottoman into its place. It frees up a lot of space, but now Spencer spends a lot of time crawling back and forth between the two. We live too too far away from an ER for this type of shenanigan.
I bought this trio of ducks when we first moved into the house. They were cheap and aren't particularly pretty, but there's something about them that I really like. I moved them into the corner of the dining room when Spencer was a newborn because Ginger was always knocking them over with her tail. Somehow we've made it through 10 months of Spencer being mobile without him finding them.
I was cooking last week when Spencer came into the kitchen holding the smallest duck. He had a HUGE grin and with delight said "mommy....ack ack ack ack" (that's quack to you and me). It was too cute for me to be upset.

Now he visits the ducks at least once a day.ack ack ack ackSince I worked so hard taking them, I thought I'd share some of the pictures that didn't make the 20 month photo cut.




2 comments:

Maryellen said...

I've met Spencer like three times but he is still one of my favorites. He's so adorable.

I love that he loves the ducks. I had to laugh at the pictures that didn't make the cut. They're really cute.

Nice job Natalie!

The Yager Family said...

I love the word shenanigan - not used nearly enough these days! :)

Happy 20 month b-day to Spencer!!