Monday, January 19, 2009

A weekend in Tucson

We spent this past weekend in Tucson. Michael and I both had today off from work and spending 3 nights down there instead of 1 or 2 nights makes the drive more worthwhile.


When Spencer was born we got a great swing from Michael's parents and a very fun jumper from my friend Sandy. When Spencer outgrew them we let my friend Heidi use them for her daughter Rylie. Rylie has now outgrown them so they came back to us. My holiday decorations take up a good chunk of the garage and there is just no space to store these monstrous baby items, so we asked Laura if she wanted to borrow them for her soon to be here baby girl. I was feeling nostalgic so we took pictures of Spencer in them before Laura and Josh came to retrieve them. Here's a comparison.

Spencer in the swing for the very first time, 9/29/07. He looks like a newborn rhesus monkey.


Spencer in the swing on Saturday. He's such a big boy.

Spencer in the jumper for the first time, 1/14/08.

He doesn't even fit now!

Michael and I woke up on Sunday morning and both had sore backs. We complained to my parents, who decided that maybe it was time to replace the guest bed. We went mattress shopping....
This bed cost $8,000 for a king. This is not what my parents bought.
Check out Spencer's new loafers. They cost $12.99.


He goes for the cactus every time.

Ginger's beauty shot

1 comment:

The Yager Family said...

Amazing how fast they grow, isn't it!