Sunday, January 11, 2009

waffles

I usually make pancakes on Sunday morning for my guys. I woke up today and felt like Michael and Spencer deserve a wife and mother that makes waffles as well. Waffle is also a funny word. If I knew how to I'd include a sound clip of donkey, from Shrek, saying "in the morning, I'm making waffles".
I used this recipe:

Gingerbread Waffles

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, separated
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup molasses
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and egg yolk until fluffy. Add buttermilk, molasses and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.


Look at those waffles steaming away

I should totally have my own show on the food network

Spencer loved them!

No comments: