Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Friday

Amanda was my roommate during our Sophomore year at the U of A. We lived in Navajo/Pinal dorm, which is underneath the football stadium. We moved in together as total strangers and moved out as the best of friends. She was my maid of honor when I got married 3 years later.


This is us the day we moved out of the dorm in May, 1999. We both had huge finals that day and we had stayed up talking and laughing until 4 am. We studied from 4 am- 6 am and then slept from 6 am - 8 am. If I remember correctly, neither of us did very well on our respective finals.

During that school year Amanda was a guidance counselor for Japanese exchange students attending the U of A. One of the many activities planned for the students was a trip to Magic Mountain. I was invited to go along. We boarded a bus at 10 pm and drove all night to L.A. I think we got there at 5 am and ate breakfast at Denny's or IHOP. It was there that someone, I don't remember who, had a brilliant idea. The kind of idea that one only has after riding on a bus all night from Tucson to L.A and then eating breakfast at Denny's or IHOP. The idea?

We should have our picture taken with the bus driver.
Later in the day pictures were taken with live cartoon characters.
And we rode the Superman roller coaster.
A few weeks after the Magic Mountain trip I invited some of the students to my parents house for a BBQ. All they wanted to eat was meat and ice cream. Not a lot of cows roaming around in Japan.

I like this picture because my hair is like playing a game of "one of these things is not like the others"
Fast forward 8 years and, when I was pregnant, we got together with our doggies. For once in her life Ginger was the big dog.







4 comments:

Maryellen said...

That was awesome! Thanks Natalie!!!

The Yager Family said...

What a great flashback! I love the "one of these things is not like the others" picture!
:)

Anonymous said...

Natalie...you ALWAYS make me laugh (LOL to those in the know!)...I love looking at your BLOG...thanks :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!Definetly a flashback!!! It's weird to get your perspective on that. Miss you too...damn you life.
Oh by the way, my cowboy hat was stolen from the Aggie house!!!