Sunday, August 25, 2013

A million updates

OK, so it's not really a million updates. It's more like 6 updates.  Since I got such positive feedback the last time I numbered a post, I'll go ahead and do it again.  I like numbering things because it feels like I'm making a list.  And list making is always a good thing.
 
Update #1.
 
I bought this dinosaur shirt for Spencer to wear for Elliott's party in December.  We're giving it to Spencer as a birthday present.  Shhhh.
 
Update #2.
 
I ordered this gold bedazzled tank top from ebay to wear at Spencer's golden birthday party.  I found a pair of gold shoes at Ross, but they were $16 and I have to draw the line somewhere.
Update #3.
 
I finally found and purchased an area rug for the entry way.  It took a long time to find something that was simultaneously the right size, the right price and not hideous.  I got it at Kirkland's
I was a little nervous about the rug having some blue in it because I don't decorate with a lot of blue, but I think it works.
My mother-in-law and I went to Kirkland's together this morning.  I didn't notice it last week, but they had matching door mats for the area rug.  She bought one for me.
 
Now it's all coordinated from the outside looking in,
 
and from the inside looking out.
HUGE Update #4.
 
The tile is done!
 
It took all weekend, but the tile is installed and beautiful.  We have to let the grout sit overnight before we can clean it, so it's still all dusty and yucky, but you can tell how gorgeous it's going to be.
 
Michael's dad even did a little backsplash under the cabinets.
 
I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE it.
Update #5
 
We got Spencer's school pictures back on Friday.  I was very pleased with how they turned out.  We ordered 2 packages with different backgrounds.  I like both of them.
 
If you'd like me to mail you one, let me know.
Michael hung it up on "The Wall" today.  Now I don't have to stress about this wall until we take Elliott's 2 year pictures. I get a nice 4 month break.
 
It'll be a whole year before we add another set of frames.
Update #6
 
Elliott's bump and bruise from his falling off the bed incident was healed and gone by Thursday.  He was running around the kitchen this morning when he tripped and smacked his head against the metal leg of the bar stool.  Immediate bump.  Immediate bruise.  It's just on the opposite side of his head.
 
Sigh.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

So much to love in one post!

1. Dino humor rocks.

2. That tank is just totally fancy schmancy!

3. I think that rug is perfect. The little bit of blue is a great accent.

4. I can't wait to see this finished project in person. It's looking so great! Thank God I'm pregnant, so I have a reason to check it out at least 6 times while we're there.

5. Um, I'm sorry, is this boy turning 11 soon because he looks waaay too grown up in this picture! Question - how long did you over-analyze it for signs of black smudge?

6. Well, I can see why you don't decorate with much blue around the house. The boys do a fine enough job being little blue accent pieces for you as is.