Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Orange, pool pictures and a wake-up

Yesterday was Melanoma Monday.  The American Academy of Dermatology was asking that people wear orange to increase awareness about skin cancer.  It just so happened that Spencer had an appointment with his dermatologist to get his eczema checked out at 10:30.  Perfect timing!  I can't think of anything better than wearing orange to a dermatology appointment on Melanoma Monday.
 
Michael had said that he wasn't going to come meet us, but at the last minute he thought it was a good excuse to take a break from work (he works really close to Phoenix Children's Hospital, which is where the dermatologist's office is located).

Later that afternoon Spencer reminded me that it was the 6th and we needed to take his 5 year-8 month picture.  I am so proud of him!  Man I did a good job brainwashing/training him.
 
It was also his idea to wear his bathing suit and take the pictures poolside.  We did an entire Sport's Illustrated Male Swimsuit Edition photo shoot.


 






 


 
The funeral for my brother's friend was this morning.  I thought about getting up early today to drive down to Tucson, but decided to go last night specifically because I wanted to be child free so I could sleep in a little bit .  I got the kids down for bed, left Michael on the couch with a chocolate shake, drove to Tucson and got to my parent's house at 11:30 pm. 
 
  Elliott always wakes me up right around 7:30 so my goal was to sleep until 8:00.  I should have made my goal public because my mom woke me up at 7:30 on the dot.  It was to tell me that breakfast was ready, so her intentions were pure, but still........

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, I missed this one too! *sigh* I still can't believe Spencer keeps up with the calendar and remembers when to take his picture every month. I can't remember anything without writing it down and then I might still forget. Ha! The poolside pictures were a very good idea, Spencer. You'll have lots of those opportunities this summer. And in Florida, the pool water will be nice and warm already! :-) Sorry you didn't get to sleep in, but I bet breakfast fixed by your mom was so nice.

Cat said...

I enjoyed the pics. I was talking about that handsome young man on Saturday (I visited Vin, Jess, and Vinny.)