Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 2013

The day started, as all St. Patrick's Days should, with green pancakes and green milk. 

 
Then we took about 1 million pictures of the kids in their matching St. Patrick's Day Snoopy shirts.
 
Some were more successful than others. 


 
 
 
 
 
  
 
After the pictures we went to Home Depot.  I mentioned to Michael that our frequency of visits to Home Depot have increased by about 98% since we became homeowners again.  This time we got some weed control stuff for the grass, some wood filler, a few putty knives and a mop.
 
We came home and ate lunch.  Then, just to proove my statement from yesterday wrong, Elliott nursed himself to sleep.  Seriously.  I go ahead and write that he hasn't done that for a month and then he does it.  And then he did it again at bedtime.
 
As soon as he was down I grated some of this 2 pound block of beeswax I bought and made coconut oil lotion bars. 
I have turned 100% hippie in the last few weeks.  I am on a mission to remove as many chemicals as possible from our lives.  I'll have to write a post about my efforts.  It's total insanity. 
 
Once I finished the lotion bars I used the wood putty to start filling all of the holes on the door frames into the dining room.  I have to sand them, fill them again, sand them again and then paint them.  I hope to be done by Halloween.  2014.

 
Elliott took a shockinly long nap today so once I was done with the wood filler I got in a nice 40 minute workout.  I did the Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" DVD. By the time I got to the last circuit I was almost dead.  I mostly just laid on my back and moaned a little while she said "don't give up.  Give it all you've got".
After Elliott got up we decided to go to the grocery store before dinner.  We were driving down our street when we saw our friend Maryellen, looking very hot and stressed walking on the sidewalk towards our house.  We had been housesitting and dogsitting for her and John the past couple of days but she had texted me around 3 to let us know she was back.  Well, she had been in the front yard picking weeds and got locked out of the house without a phone.  She tried everything to get back in the house including climbing over the wall and scraping her hands and arms to bits.  She finally gave up and decided to walk over to our house to see if we could help. She got in the car and we drove back to our house.  I got her a glass of ice water and we grabbed our step stool.  We went over to their house and Michael climbed over the wall.  Then we lowered Spencer over the wall, he went through the doggy door and he unlocked the door.  Thank goodness the alarm wasn't set. 
 
After all of that maddness we insisted that Maryellen come over for dinner.  We went to the store and got groceries and then went home and made dinner.  A much more relaxed Maryellen joined us and we all laughed and laughed about the crazyness.
 
So, I am on spring break this week.  Even though I only work 2 days a week and therefore only get 2 days off, I am looking forward to it.  I'm even taking myself on a day date on Thursday.  Pretty excited about that. 

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe you did all that in 1 day! I love that Spencer was involved in the faux break-in. I bet he was psyched. Also, I LOVE that you are turning hippy! Hippies are IN!

k and j said...

I'm trying to do the chemical removing too! It's so hard and if you buy everything, it's expensive! I need to turn hippie and make more stuff. So far I make my own hand sanitizer, that is it! Ha.

Sherry said...

Haha! You are a hippy. ;-) I haven't done that stuff yet, but it is mainly for lack of time. I think I'll join you on some of these exploits later this year so keep posting about them and let me know which are successful. I love your boys' green too!

Cat said...

You'll have to teach me some of your hippy ways. I can't see myself making my own laundry detergent, but maybe there are simpler things I can do to at least make some small differences.