Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Bunny on Friday

This happened for the first time this morning.  I left Elliott alone for like 1 minute and he found the toilet paper roll.
 
Spencer kept him occupied with a little closet door peek-a-boo while I cleaned stuff up.

There is an Easter Bunny at the mall that will pose for a picture if you pay him lots of money.  We actually did it when Spencer was 2.  It is the exact same Easter Bunny this year.  Same outfit, same background, same everything.
I didn't think we needed to pay $20, $25 or $30 for some pictures, so I was happy to see that Pottery Barn Kids was having a free Easter Bunny today.  I figured we would have to wait in line for a little bit but it would be worth it to save the money. 
 
We went to story time at the bookstore first.  That ended at about 10:55.  Perfect timing.  The Easter Bunny started at 11.  We walked over there and......no Easter Bunny.  He was late.  There was also nobody in the store.  At all.
 
Spencer was very happy when he finally got there. 
 
 


 
We were going to leave as soon as we took some pictures but then the Easter Bunny put out a basket of crayons and some coloring pages.  So Spencer and the Easter Bunny colored together for like 20 minutes. 
 
Not one single person came in the store during this entire time.
The Easter Bunny gave Spencer his picture and Spencer gave the Easter Bunny his.  It was very sweet.

This was the best one I could get.  Elliott isn't crying, but he was on the verge.  It's better than the one that I got with them with Santa. 
 
Oh, and these are the coordinating outfits from Carter's.
We walked back through the bookstore on our way out.  They had a train table set up so we stopped to play.  I had to drag Spencer out of there, reminding him that he had a train table at home with about 75 more trains.
After Elliott took a horrible nap we played outside.  I feel like we have just days left before it gets too hot.

 
 
We had asparagus as a side for dinner tonight.  Elliott gobbled it up. 



 
Spencer ate his too, but he dipped each piece in milk first.  He said it made it taste better.  What a goof ball.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Easter bunnies and asparagus...two of my favorite things! Haha! I know, I'm weird like that. I am sad that I think our neighborhood easter egg hunt this morning is going to get rained out. Boo! And at least you are the awesome mom who took her kids to get some special one-on-one time with the Easter bunny at the mall. And that actually isn't a creepy looking bunny like many of them are. :-)

Megan said...

Hadley dips her apples in milk...it's weird.

Maryellen said...

This post made me smile! That is so cute how your boys got to be with the Easter bunny for so long. I also really like how Spencer and Elliott looked so springy in their coordinating outfits!

k and j said...

you take the best pics and document everything perfectly!!! it kills me, in a good way ;)

Jeannette said...

I can't help but feel a little bad for that Easter Bunny. Poor guy would've been so lonely. I'm really glad you stayed and colored with him. I'm also really impressed with his paw coloring dexterity.

Also, SUPER cute pics! :)

Cat said...

Aww...and impressive on the asparagus, I was MUCH older when I tried that for the first time.