Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20th

We are trying to survive over here. We're adjusting to having 2 kids.  It's a rough adjustment.  Elliott has jaundice and isn't nursing well because his high levels of bilirubin make him super sleepy.  That means lots of pumping for me.  I hate, no, LOATHE, pumping.  Elliott is being treated with a bilirubin light belt.  Thank goodness it is a temporary thing and he should perk up soon.  Our day revolves around pumping, feeding him (which takes forever because he constantly falls asleep during the feed and we have to wake him up), going to the lab for a blood draw, going to the pediatrician, keeping Spencer feeling important and loved and trying (trying) to get a little bit of sleep.

Yesterday my 94 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip.  She had surgery today.  It's an added element of stress, especially because we absolutely cannot go to Tucson to see her.

I want to blog, but there is just too much going on.  I have resigned myself to the fact that my blogs will be all out of order for a while.  Like, for example, it is easier for me to do today's blog than to write the story of Elliott's birth.  I will write about everything I want to and share pictures, eventually.  You might be hearing about Elliott's birth and our first day at home in April.
Without further adieu, I give you, December 20th:

December 20

2007
2008 2009
2010


2011

6 comments:

k and j said...

hang in there with the nursing

i loathe pumping as well, i pretty much refuse to do it

but seriously, keep it up, he will get there eventually!

and don't freak out TOO much about the billi stuff :)

so so sorry about your gma :(

k and j said...

oh and elliott is beautiful!!!

and tiny!

Megan said...

So glad you got your 20th pictures...Elliott is so cute and Spencer is such a great big brother. I'm having nursing nightmare's on your behalf. :-)

Jeannette said...

I'm totally having flashbacks of the early days of nursing Ellie. I think I resorted to a cool washcloth on her head every so often to keep her awake while nursing. I also did block feeding for quite a while because she took some time to build up the stamina to make it to the hindmilk.
Here's hoping you get a good poop out of him soon to flush some of that bili!
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh i just love the Dec 20th pictures with Santa and the Teddy Bear. Spencer is super cute, but the expression on Elliott's face really is "Priceless"!

I hope he gets better quick and you both fall into a very nice "normal" (is that possible) nursing routine.

Mary, Phoenix

Cat said...

I love the pics! And no worries on being behind on blogging as it's APRIL and I'm just now reading your December blogs. OOPS!