Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Let me first rewind a bit to yesterday.

Spencer and I cleaned the pumpkins and Michael carved them.

Spencer was not a fan of scooping the strings and seeds with his hands.
Check out that face.
He did much better with a spoon.



Michael did a great job with the carving.  I am just terrible at pumpkin photography.  If you can't tell, there is an owl on the big pumpkin.

OK.  Here we are tonight.

Spencer was ready to go with his Thomas costume and Thomas bucket.
He gave the bucket a kiss for good luck.

Our candy passer outer while we were out trick or treating was my brother Nick.
Then we hit the roads.
Spencer ran from house to house to house.  He was really jazzed up.  Some people asked us how much candy he had had already.  We told them none, that this was just his baseline.  They laughed.

He lasted a lot longer this year compared to last year.  We were gone for about 90 minutes.  People just loved him.  One lady gave him 3 big handfuls of candy and even after he said thank you and started walking about she was handing him more pieces....."Here honey, take some M &M's.  Oh, and here, take this Kit Kat too". 

What can I say?  He is incredibly adorable.

This is the final haul.
I tried to get a good picture of the owl pumpkin flickering in the candlelight.  I failed. 

2007
Pumpkin Baby
2008
Scooby Doo 
2009
Super Man 
2010
Mickey Mouse 
2011
Thomas the Tank Engine 

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! I must admit I was a bit behind in my following (& blogging!) but I got myself caught up this morning. I'm glad you and Elliott are healthy & I love your trio of costumes! I can't believe you are already thinking of next year....well - after reading the baby name post, I CAN believe it!