Sunday, October 23, 2011

The beach, a "stalker" and Tucson

Today's post is a big ol' wrap up about the end of our trip and some events that happened before we headed back home.

On Friday morning we slept in, checked out of the hotel and went for a nice leisurely breakfast (as opposed to eating while walking to Disneyland).  We had been debating driving to San Diego and spending the night there, but after the whole hospital debacle we were kind of done with being out-of-state.  We had, however, promised Spencer a trip to the beach, so we drove to Laguna Beach and played in the sand and water for about an hour.



The boys constructed a stellar sand castle.




Spencer raked it down before we left.

When it was time to leave we rinsed him off in the beach side shower, hopped in the car and drove to Tucson.  Ginger was there having her fall vacation with my parents and we couldn't figure out another way to get her home. 

On Saturday my mom and I took Spencer to an outdoor mall in Tucson.  Spencer and I were at the toy store while my mom was looking for some clothes at Coldwater Creek.  As we were walking to go meet her a woman walked up to me and asked if my name was Natalie.  I said yes.  She said that she had recognized me because she reads my blog all the time and I was so funny.  Then she told me that she was friends with a mutual friend (Chelsea), so she was less stalkerish than she appeared.  It was the highlight of the day.  I felt like a famous person being stalked by the paparazzi.
So, hello Jeannette!  I'm so glad you read and enjoy my blog.  Leave a comment!

This is Spencer after our "stalker" encounter.

On Saturday night my brother, Nick, was having a 30th birthday party for himself.  His birthday was actually in June but he was out to sea and working a 12 hour shift in steel toed boots.  Not exactly a celebration.

Hooray!  I got an updated picture of Spencer and Elisa.
Spencer and my dad.
Spencer and Uncle Nick. 
The birthday party had a speakeasy/Prohibition theme, and Nick is competing in a mustache growing contest.  That's why he looks like this.

On Sunday we packed the car, scooped up Ginger and returned home with very little fanfare.

The exhaustion didn't hit me until Tuesday when I came home from work and basically slept for 4 hours, ate dinner and went back to bed.

Coming up next:

Pottery projects
and
Amy's Halloween Party

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thank God you capture Spencer's reaction to your "stalker." It looks like it really affected him!

Jeannette (a.k.a. "the stalker") said...

It was nice to finally meet you! Thanks for not pepper spraying me. :)