Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Fresh.......It's Easy......

It's Fresh and Easy!

Have you been to this store? I love it. I'm obsessed. Can you imagine if they sold hooks? I'd have to take epilepsy medication.

It has been cold in Phoenix the last couple of days. Really cold by Phoenix standards- highs in the low 60's and lows in the 30's. I've also had sickies in my house. Michael has a cold, Spencer has an asthma related cough and Ginger is always on the verge of falling into a coma.I usually work half a day on Monday and Wednesday and all day on Tuesday. This week I worked all day on Monday so that I could take Wednesday off. I stopped at Fresh and Easy on my way home today to get some soup for my sickies. They have tasty soup that is, wait for it, fresh and easy.

I was wandering down the refrigerated section where cheese and stuff is when I came upon this:I like to call it Tub O Dough. Usually I'm all about home made, but this just called out to me. I wanted to sit on the couch with sickie 1, sickie 2 and barely conscious dog and eat fresh out of the oven ginger spice cookies while snuggling under a blanket.They were exactly what ginger spice cookies should be. Soft, slightly chewy, spicy. Yummy. Spencer made his first joke as a result of these cookies too. I told him they were ginger spice cookies and he laughed and said, "no, they are not dog cookies called ginger, they are Spencer cookies." I think he is one smart cookie. This was taken a few weeks ago (see how short his hair is?), but I thought I'd share since we're discussing cold weather and snuggly feel good things.

A kid in footie pajamas. I love it.
He won't sleep in them but he will lounge around the house in them or wear them in the stroller when we take Ginger for a walk.Not to jinx anything, but Spencer has stayed in his room all night for the last two nights. Can we get a round of applause over here?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Round of applause coming right up. Did last night make it 3? Can I tell you that I personally haven't been to Fresh and Easy? Weird huh. Bernie sometimes stops there on the way home though.

Megan said...

Natalie - You know I share your love for Fresh and Easy! I can't wait to try the cookies.

Karen - You are really missing out. Maybe we should do a play date at my house and I will supply lunch via Fresh and Easy! You will love love love it!