Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Harry Potter's 40th birthday

OF COURSE we threw a dinner party for Harry Potter's 40th birthday on July 31sr.  As my mom put it, we are really hard up for some entertainment.  It's true.

Luckily I turned 40 last year and kept all of my decorations, so I didn't have to buy a single thing other than the food.  Well, I did buy some fresh flowers. 

The table set up!

I ordered a cake and then made chocolate frogs to decorate it. 



British crumpets. I don't think I've ever had a crumpet before.  They were delicious!

Traditional British roast with onions, carrots, and potatoes. 

British cheddar

I made a White Lady for me and Michael to drink using Beefeater gin. 


We didn't invite anyone to join us, so it was just us. 


One more look at the cake before we cut it open. 

Yum.  Chocolate frog head. 

Happy Birthday Harry Potter!


No comments: