Sunday, August 9, 2020

And then it was August

August? Unbelievable.  

On August 1st we had another anniversary zoom to celebrate what would have been my Aunt Karen and Uncle Terry's 49th anniversary.  I was holding my Aunt's copy of the Velveteen Rabbit.  She read an excerpt from it at their wedding, and I read the same excerpt at her funeral. 

On Sunday, August 2nd Michael and I went to Home Goods and bought this lazy susan so we could have a legit bar on top of the wine refrigerator. 

My arm blew up with lymphedema that day, so I had to start wearing my lymphedema sleeve. 

We had a virtual meet the teacher for Elliott on Monday the 3rd.  Who would have ever thought that he'd be starting school online for 3rd grade. 

A beautiful red sun from the parking lot at Target that night.

We took my 14 months of hair growth pictures on Tuesday the 4th.




August 2019 to August 2020. My hair grew longer and my face grew fatter from the quarantine 15.
I made this delightful salad for dinner that night.

And finally, we were setting up the laptops that my parent's bought the kids that night.  You know, the night before virtual school started.  Michael and I were so stressed out because we just couldn't get things to work the way we wanted.  Spencer took this picture of us. 

And then Michael thought this would be a funny follow-up.  The lids were on.  No actual drinking occurred. 
Up next: the first day of virtual 3rd and 7th grades.

 

No comments: