Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A bunch of holiday Yodas

Monday, May 4th

May the 4th is also known as Star Wars Day, because it's May the 4th Be With You. 
We went all out with a special May the 4th Be With You Yoda.  I mean, what else is there to do, really? 
I also got a door repair kit delivered that day and fixed the split on the door.  It's not perfect, but I don't think anyone but me will ever stand there analyzing it.

Tuesday, May 5th was Cinco de Mayo.  

Yoda was feeling very festive indeed.  It was also Taco Tuesday, so the pillow taco joined him. 

He had one hat for morning.

Another for afternoon.

And a very festive hat for evening. 
Elliott made his first reconciliation that evening.  His classes at church have been cancelled since March, but the church planned on breaking all the kids up into small groups. Michael said they never got within about ten feet of another person, and Elliott and the priest wore masks and sat across the room from each other. 

I took pictures before they left. 

Once they got home we had a Taco Tuesday Cinco de Mayo fiesta!

With margaritas!


I had low carb tacos on lettuce. 

Michael used tortillas. 
Spencer's monthly picture on the 6th.
12 years 7 months

I colored while Michael and I watched a movie that night. 
There are absolutely no pictures from Thursday the 7th.  It was a very busy work day for me and then I did virtual happy hour with Ellen and Michelle. 

I ordered blue light blocking glasses for all of us, and Spencer's were delivered on Friday the 8th. 
We had a special Mother's Day family happy hour that night.  Everyone showed pictures of their moms and told stories.  I dressed up like my mom.  I did my hair like her, dressed like her, drank a cosmo, and changed my screen name to Carol. 

I put together the Mother's Day Yoda on Saturday the 9th.  My wigs are still coming in handy!

My vinyl sticker for the door had been delivered the day before, so I added it.  Now the only thing missing is the new door mat. 

I ordered the door sticker from a shop on etsy, and I also got this wine glass for Ellen.  She's a social worker and I thought she totally needed this for our virtual happy hours. 
I had happy hour with Laura and Chelsea on Saturday afternoon, and then Michael drove me over to Ellen's house so I could leave the glass for her. 

And that is last week!  All the Yodas!

Up next: 11 months of hair growth, and then Mother's Day. 


No comments: