Monday, August 12, 2019

A boring week, a fun Saturday

I was driving home from work on Monday the 5th when I saw this beautiful sky.  It's not a sunset, but it's still pretty. 

Spencer was 11 years and 11 months on Tuesday the 6th.  It is inconceivable that he'll be 12 next month. 
I did a whole bunch of paperwork at work on Wednesday the 7th.  I needed some music to keep me focused so I opened Pandora.  I considered listening to Christmas Radio or Classical Christmas Radio, but I didn't. 
I brought a peach to work for my mid-morning snack on Thursday the 8th.  Looks so sweet and innocent, right?

You need a knife to cut a peach!

My mom's cousin ordered a cheesecake for us and it was delivered on Friday the 9th.

It's red velvet.
That was also the day I decided to spruce up the front patio.

Before

After
We drove down to Tucson on Saturday afternoon. A huge monsoon storm came into town at the same time we did. 

It started pouring right when we exited the freeway.  I met Chelsea at the movies that afternoon and it was 69 degrees when I pulled into the parking lot. 
We saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, which is approximately 450 hours long.  The rain had stopped by the time the movie ended, but the clouds had settled on the Catalinas and looked spectacular. 

 Chelsea came back to my parent's house with me and we got ready for our night out. 

Ubering to my brother's house.
We had drinks and ate dinner at Nick's and then it was time to head to Laffs Comedy Club.  We took the party bus. 


Party people on the party bus. 
We tried to get a big group shot once we were in the club.  You can't see Nick here, but you can see his middle finger. 

Here's Nick, but Raquel is missing now. 

There were four comedians, but I only took a picture of one. 

We were all there to see my friend John (in the glasses) perform.  He was awesome!


We all took the party bus back to Nick's, where there was dancing,

and more drinks. 


Chelsea and I ubered home at 2:37 am on Sunday.  Yes.  Read that again.  2:37 am. 

After we slept for not enough hours, we went to breakfast on Sunday the 11th. Which, I will point out, was yesterday.  Still the timely blogging champion of the world. 

I had a delightful cappuccino. 

So, so, so tired. 

We drove home on Sunday afternoon.  Michael drove and I just basically took pictures of the clouds. 


No comments: