Friday, June 28, 2019

A big week

We were still in Tucson on Sunday the 26th.  We went to the Tucson Pops concert in the park with my parents.  


On Memorial Day (Monday the 27th) Nick's girlfriend, Raquel, came over to see us.  She brought me a gigantic hat to match her gigantic hat.  We did some glamour shots of course. 



My dad was all sorts of patriotic as we left that afternoon.
Spencer made the Principal's List (straight A's) for the second semester in 5th grade.  He's done it every semester he was eligible except his first semester of 3rd grade.  I think he had one B that semester. 

I went to the award ceremony the morning of May 28th.


Then my mom had me drive all the way up to this bizarre lamp store in Phoenix. 

It was such a haul that I rewarded myself with an iced coffee and a trip to Target.
Wednesday the 29th was the kid's last day of school.  I'm going to write a whole post about it, but here is a sneak peek. 

Michael's birthday is the 30th, so the afternoon of the 29th I made some chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for him to take to work for sharing. 

I also took this picture for my friend Brendan. He gave me the little Snoopy bookends. 

I had an interesting look on Thursday the 30th. 
Michael had to work, but the kids and I were home all day (I was off that week).  We actually drove to downtown Phoenix to have lunch with Michael.  Then when he finally got home it was time for presents. 


Michael wanted Mexican food for dinner. 




I put a candle in a chocolate chip cookie dough truffle for his birthday treat. 

No comments: