Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The last days of break and back to work

On Saturday the 6th Spencer spent the night at a friend's house.  Elliott went to bed a little late that night because John and Maryellen were here for dinner. Then on Sunday the 7th Elliott slept until 11:10 am.  Yes.  11:10.  And even then the only reason he got up was because I went in and woke him up.  Who knows how long he would have slept on his own.

 P.S. He got a bed tent for his birthday.  He loves it.  I honestly think it helps him sleep better. 

Daily dose of Ginger pictures- Sunday the 7th

On Monday the 8th we went to Bookman's in Mesa.  I took this picture for Nick because the shelf is labeled "seafaring history". 
Last year my uncle gave me a bunch of gift certificates and store credit for Bookman's that my aunt Karen had accumulated.  I spent this one for $20.  It was from 1/30/01.  I kind of feel like I should have waited until 1/30/18 to spend it, but alas, I ruined it. 
We went out for Mexican food that night.  Michael and I had margaritas.  It was my last drink for a while since I'm going no sugar, no alcohol, no dairy, no grains for a good long while.  And then that was a lie because I drank a glass of wine the next night, but only because we had an open bottle.  I've been booze free since then. 
Tuesday the 9th was my first day back to work and the first day back to school for the kids.  I printed out super cute 2018 calendars for my office. 
And I nearly threw up when I opened Pandora and it was still on Rockin' Holidays Radio and playing Jingle Bell Rock.  I can tolerate Christmas carols any time of year, but NOT in January.  Probably not in February either.  
I took this picture of Ginger that night.  What the heck is going on here?  Her eyes are closed, but I caught her pupils flashing.  How did this happen? Is it witchcraft? 
Elliott wanted me to take his picture with a 15 pound weight on Wednesday the 10th. He asked if he could take a kid weight lifting class because he's really good at it. 

He's also really good at spelling and writing. 

And another daily dose of Ginger. 

The next post will be Thursday to Saturday of last week.  They were much more interesting days, promise. 

No comments: