Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Soccer, art and citrus

If we're being 100% accurate about the title, it's actually soccer, art, citrus and cleaning. 

Spencer started his first soccer team experience last Thursday the 11th.  They had a twilight practice, so I got to catch a nice sunset. 





We had dinner when we got home and then Elliott used his magformer toys to make a bunch of sunglass holders. 

On Friday the 12th I volunteered doing Art Masterpiece in Spencer's class in the morning and Elliott's class in the afternoon. We made masks in Kindergarten. 



Can you guess what the masks are?

Birds.

They are birds. 


That afternoon I started seeing stuff on social media that it was Kiss A Ginger Day. 


Well, if we have to we have to. 





Elliott did some exercise that afternoon. 
On Saturday the 13th I took the kids with me to Brenda's house for the third annual January citrus picking. 

We had a potluck lunch first. 




Then we hit the trees.  Well, we didn't hit them at all, but you know what I mean. 



Some of the kids were more interested in building a fort. 







Spencer took our group picture. 
We were standing in the same order as last year (with Cynthia added on the end as a bonus), so Brenda held our picture from last year. 
BTW, I looked and looked and could not find the picture from last year anywhere.  I obviously didn't take it.  It's not even in my blog post from last year. 

Spencer said we needed a silly one. He cut Maryellen off. 
Brenda's daughter in law stopped by for a bit and took a big group picture of all of us.  Brenda is holding her granddaughter. 

The kids climbed trees.





See the red?  That's Spencer!
That afternoon we tackled Elliott's mess of a room.  We moved his dresser, bookshelf and train table to make everything work better.  I never took a before.  This is the after. 


And this is the hallway after. Anyone want some new old toys?

1 comment:

Cat said...

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how far behind I am in your blog if they are playing soccer outside and then I remember you can play outdoor soccer in the winter in your corner of the world. :-)