Monday, January 29, 2018

Soccer and a shocking ending

Spencer had his second soccer game on Sunday the 21st.  Unlike his first game that was blazing hot, it was really cold on this day.  

They lost. 





Sunday afternoon Elliott and I made orange marmalade with the oranges we picked from Brenda's house.


Elliott was in charge of operating the food processor. 

Boiling with a lot of sugar and a little bit of water.


Done!
Monday the 22nd was coooooooooold.  It was just a bit above freezing when we walked to the bus.  I know that's nothing for some places, but that's just about as cold as we get ever.  Despite his complaints I forced Spencer to wear pants, a jacket and a hat.  He asked if he could wear shorts and a tank top.
After I got the kids to school I went to brunch and to see The Greatest Showman with my friend Molly. 

In the afternoon I bought a brown sheet at Goodwill to put in Spencer's window to make his room darker.  I found this dark brown one and not the dark blue I was looking for, so I took the dark blue one from Elliott's room and put it in Spencer's room and put the brown one in Elliott's room.  Even though you can't see the sheets I wanted the colors to match. 

The man in front of me in line was buying a statue of a naked pregnant woman with no arms.  I judged him, silently.  He looked at my sheet and silently judged me.  Lest you judge me too, I ran this through a two- hour "sanitary" cycle in the washing machine before hanging it up.  The sanitary cycle literally boils water and dumps it in there multiple times. 
When I got to work on Tuesday the 23rd it was 30 degrees.  That's definitely the coldest morning this winter.  I hope it's not the last. 
I was wearing my ostrich egg shell earrings that Nick bought me in Namibia.  Had to do a selfie for Instagram.

Ginger on Tuesday
It was also National Pie Day (not to be confused with the National Pie Day on March 14th), so I made individual apple pies with leftover pie crust from the pop-tarts.

Mine was a sugar free, grain free pie with a nut topping. 

On Wednesday the 24th I matched my sleeves, 

to my shoes.  I was impressed.  Nobody else was. 
That night I finished this container of tea that I was given when I was pregnant with SPENCER.  Yep.  This tea was almost 11 years old.  I made it into iced tea and used all remaining 16 bags, so it actually tasted fine. 

P.S.  That was the shocking ending.  That I had tea that I kept for almost 11 years. 

No comments: