Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Mostly Elliott and then some pop-tarts

I forgot to include these in my last post!

Elliott's 6 year- 1 month photo shoot on Tuesday the 16th.  He picked the location.

I vote for this to be official.


Elliott votes for this.

OK.  With that done we can get back to the chronological blog timeline.

Thursday the 18th was the 100th day of school.  Kindergarten was encouraged to dress up like what they imagine they will look like when they are 100 years old. 

Elliott got dressed and put the glasses on and said he looked like a 50 year old. 

Then we added the tie, the vest and the hat and he was 100!

He brought home a "bird feeder" with 100 fruit loops that day.  It's still hanging in the tree, untouched by birds. 

Daddy got home from work while we were out there.

Twins!
We got a very special delivery that evening.  New bath sheet towels (over sized towels).

The backstory.

Michael and I have been using the same bath sheet towels since the summer of 2006.  My grandmother got them for us as a housewarming present when we bought our first house.  We went shopping together and selected them at Mervyn's!  I checked, and Mervyn's went completely out of business in 2008. 

Anyway, she hated this color.  I believe she referred to it as cat poop. She thought we should get a nice light blue color. I persevered though, because they matched our bathroom perfectly, and made her buy them. 

The old towels. I can't even imagine how many hundreds of times we've washed these towels in the last 11.5 years. 

The new towels.  They are over sized, but not as big as the old ones. 

Friday was my first day at home, alone, without the kids, since before winter break.  I got so much done!  And took zero pictures of anything.  

On Saturday I made homemade pop-tarts.  Spencer had them at a friend's house and has been begging for them ever since. I believe that everything can be enjoyed in moderation, but really?  Pop-tarts?

They weren't difficult, but there were approximately 800 steps so they took a while. 




No flash

Flash
Spencer went to a friend's house on Saturday afternoon and spent the night, so we took Elliott to church and then out to dinner that night.

I had a big salad.  It's like a salad, only bigger.  Anyone catch that reference?

And no post would be complete without this lady. 

No comments: