Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tooth Fairy

One week later and I feel like I have finally recovered from our two day Easter trip to Tucson.  There was something just very off all of last week.  I couldn't seem to catch up with anything.  Work, kids, cooking, house, blogging....all of it was overwhelming.  I'm better now.  We finally finished unpacking yesterday.  All of the laundry is done AND put away.  Some important home projects were completed today.  Best of all we have an easy week ahead, thank goodness. 
 
Spencer spent the whole week before Easter in Tucson.  He was with my parents Sunday through Wednesday and Michael's parents Wednesday through Saturday.  He called me on Thursday to report that his tooth was loose.  He was so excited about it.  His friend Bethany lost a tooth almost a year ago and he's been anticipating his first lost tooth ever since.
 
We tried to get him to bite into an apple all weekend but he was too scared.  Finally on Tuesday he bit into some sliced apples and it came out!  I checked his baby book and it was his very first tooth.  When I told him he said that it made sense because it was his oldest tooth.  Smarty pants.
 
There is a website that will let you upload a picture of your sleeping kid and then you can add a picture of a tooth fairy.  For this service they charge you $9.99. 
 
No thank you.
 
Instead I emailed a picture of a tooth fairy from google images and the sleeping Spencer picture to my friend Megan in Massachusetts.  She has photo shop and is always willing to lend an editing hand.
 
Check out this (free) masterpiece.
I told Spencer that the tooth fairy emailed it to me.  He got all whispery when he saw it, which means that he was really, really excited.
 
Spencer was 5 years-7 months on Saturday.  It's his first monthly photo with a missing tooth.  Well, unless you count all of his photos before he had any teeth.  I actually looked for a picture that shows him with just the one tooth.  I thought it would make an awesome comparison photo to this picture.  He got his first tooth at 11 months and his second tooth at 12 months.  In that month though I can't find a single picture that shows his 1 tooth.  It was a cool idea that was not meant to be.
 
Unless someone invents time travel.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I just got a great idea for you to make a book of must-do comparison photos. Like when I read about your tooth comparison idea, I honestly got a little panicked thinking about how I'd have to remember that someday...but if you made a book, I wouldn't have to remember.
Also, I hope by "free" picture you mean it will cost you a batch of s'mores pancakes someday when I visit.