Monday, April 22, 2013

On vacation at home

I've been really busy.  I've been neglecting the blog.  Sorry about that.  My friend Cathy is visiting from New Hampshire. We've been filling the days with lots of activities.
 
Activities like:
 
visiting an aboretum to see beautiful desert plants,
 
and slowly hiking around this rock formation.
Activities like:
 
being excited to go to the World's Smallest Museum,
 
only to be crushed when it was closed because we made the choice to eat first.
Activities like:
 
making and eating egg free no-bake cookie dough. (Yes.  Seriously.  By the spoonful.)
Activities like:
 
the splash pad
 
where there was actually another kid named Elliott.

And activities like:
 
introducing Cathy to Kirkland's and Hobby Lobby and encouraging her to buy unnecessary items like Thanksgiving stamps.
And activities like:
 
tripping over Ginger while she naps in the worst possible location during dinner preparation.
Tomorrow is our Phoenix Out and About Day.  We're taking a tour of Chase Field, having lunch at the Biltmore and doing some shopping in Scottsdale.  I will be sure to take 3.4 million pictures for when I return to blogging with full force.
 
 
(Please note: Comments on this post have been closed due to excessive spam.  And when I say excessive I mean like 22 spam comments in 8 hours.  If you reeeeeeaaaaally have something to say and you're not a computer, leave a comment on the previous or next post.  I'll get it.)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, enjoy your little staycation and time with your friend! We'll still be here in the blog world when you return. I have been pretty slack this month too both due to it being a crazy busy month for me but also in my limited spare time, it has just been too nice outside to sit in front of a computer. :-) I'll be back with a post about the boys' birthday party this past weekend though.

Cat said...

Jeeze, I hope this Cathy person appreciates you giving up blog time to hang out with her. :-) She must be a nice friend hee hee.