Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Overalls

I love a baby in overalls.  It's such a cute look. 

I did a 10 minute sweep of my photo archives and found these pictures of Spencer in overalls.  Can you imagine if I had looked for 20 minutes?


This was right after his first birthday.  He got really chubby after he started eating a lot of solids and was actually in the 50th percentile for weight.  That lasted about a month.  Then he started running everywhere and he was back down to the 20th where he has remained to this day.



Right after he had been potty trained, when he was 2 1/2, I tried to get him to wear these monkey overalls.  He refused and said they were for babies.  I remember 1) wondering where he had gotten such an idea, since he hadn't really spent any time with other people/kids who could have told him such a thing, and 2) that my baby was no longer a baby and my overall days were over.  I was a little sad.
But no more. 

There's a new baby in town and he has no opinion on the clothes he wears.  I just bought myself 2.5 more years of overalls.
He's pretty happy about it too.


These are not hand me down overalls from Spencer.  I actually cannot remember for sure where they came from.  I think Erin gave them to me.  They look a little big, but that's only because of Elliott's skinny little chicken legs.  They actually fit pretty nicely.
See the extra hand in this picture?  See the horse it is holding?  Yeah, Spencer insisted that Elliott needed that horse in the picture.  He still has very specific ideas about things: overalls are for babies, Elliott needs my horse in this picture.  It never ends.

I saw an adorable pair of overalls at Carter's the other day.  I was thinking that Elliott could wear them for Girl's memorial service, but then I convinced myself that denim would be too casual.  I've been reconsidering it though, because I reminded myself that Girl, too, was a big overall fan.  She gave me a pair of 12-18 month overalls for Spencer at my baby shower.  There were little things, toys and such, in the pockets. 

I think overalls would be a nice tribute to her.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I remember the overalls Girl gave you and I think she would LOVE overalls. You could put him in a nice shirt with them. Perfect tribute to her.

3in3mom said...

I love your posts! DARLING boys!

Cat said...

You are too cute Natalie.