Thursday, July 21, 2011

Science Center

Turns out I didn't take any of my own pictures when we went swimming so I'll have to get those from my sister-in-law before I blog about the day at the pool (aka, the day that contributed to my future skin cancer).

This is the day at the Science Center.

In the lobby is a huge reverse telescope- you look in the end of it and it projects that image onto a huge screen.
This is Spencer's eye.
And his tongue.
Alyssa and Spencer in the play house.
Spencer and Cameron in the shower.
We saw a fun demonstration about fire.

Spencer quickly became addicted to gambling.
Uncle Raymond saw how hard he had to pedal a bike to burn a certain amount of calories.
All the kids had fun playing in the human digestive tract.
It was complete with realistic human digestive tract noises.
Spencer and Michael did something sciency with these balls and rings.
And played with these lifting seats.

Side note:
Spencer and I were at the Science Center almost exactly a year ago.  He went on the same lift.  I love seeing stuff like this where I can see that he really is growing.
Spencer spun around until he was so dizzy he fell over.  Then he asked to do it again.

At the end of the day we all played mindball with each other. 

You put these headbands with electrodes on your head, look at a ball and use your mind waves to move the ball.  The person who is more relaxed is better able to control the ball.  The winner is the one to move the ball completely on to the side of their opponent.

I beat Michael in about 6 seconds.

Then Spencer and Alyssa competed.  Spencer beat her twice.
Spencer's brain is on the left, Alyssa's on the right.

Spencer and Michael played.
Michael's brain is on the left, Spencer on the right.
Michael beat him.
We also saw a very cool planetarium show about black holes.
It was a fun day.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

The Science Center is awesome! I was hoping I'd see pictures of you on the bed of nails. Next time?

Cat said...

Is that the place I went with you guys last year? That 2010 picture looks awfully familiar.