Sunday, July 10, 2011

A girly room

I am not a particularly girly girl.  I wasn't as a kid either.  Maybe that is the result of being the middle girl between two brothers, or maybe it is just innate.  Maybe that's the reason why having a daughter scares the bejesus out of me.  I don't know that I'm cut out to be the mother of a girl.  I've got the boy thing really well figured out.

But darn it, I have some great ideas for decorating a girl's room. 

The color scheme/theme is black and white zebra print with pink and hot pink accents.

Something like this:
That crib set is $600.  Thanks but no thanks.

This set is more in our price range:
We'll have one of the twin beds out at the same time as the crib and luckily this set matches the crib set.
I could also just do zebra sheets and a hot pink blanket.  Basically the same and cheaper.

How awesome would these curtains look in place of closet doors?

And this valance over the window?
I am just in love with the hamper.
This is what I'm thinking for the walls:

This totally cool zebra print
This memory board
This bow holder. 
(Side note: Bows? Terrifying!)

And these decorative wall pieces


When we were picking stuff for Spencer we went totally baby.  Then we had to re-do everything when he was no longer a baby.  We stuck with the jungle theme, but bought new bedding, art work, etc.  This time around, boy or girl, I am doing something that goes from baby to beyond.  I should totally trademark that name and start a design website called From Baby to Beyond.

And yes, I've got the boy room all planned out too.   You'll see soon.

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

Great ideas! I think I like the flower and the butterfly the most. I also think going from baby to beyond is a really good idea.

Krista said...

Oh I love that valance! I say you rock that zebra! Maybe just be sure to tone it down with lots of white or your baby may get a little dizzy! I hope Spencer gets a sister!

Jennifer said...

First let me say (since I have been a HUGE commenting SLACKER) Congrats on baby number two! This is very exciting and I can't wait to hear if Spencer is getting a brother or sister.

Next let me say that I LOVE the bedding you picked out for your possible girl room. I think it's super fun and girly and will transition well from baby room to toddler room.

Finally let me say that as a mother of a little girl who will NOT leave the house without some type of bow or hair decoration . . . .Bows rock! And I promise to hold your hand as you embrace your inner bowhead!

The GVZs said...

I can't believe you are worried about a cute cow at the same time you are considering subjecting your cute baby to that scary zebra picture!

I LOVE that you have a twin bed in the nursery. Such a good idea-I wish we had the space to do the same thing.