Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome to the World

Megan had her baby!

Hadley Grace
August 1, 2009
5:21 am
7 pounds 3 ounces

The beautiful baby girl. Look at all the hair!

I was able to go to the hospital yesterday for a short visit when Hadley was only about 8 hours old. Being friends with someone since the first day of first grade has its perks. I love this picture because you can only see the top of Hadley's head. I just think that's funny.

Better, although you still can't see her whole gorgeous face.

The proud papa The marvelous mama Grandma

It's hard for me to explain how much joy I feel for Megan right now. There is just something amazing about your friends having a baby. I guess the best way to describe it is like this: Megan and I met when she was six and I was five. We have been friends as little kids (yes, contrary to what all five and six year olds will tell you, five and six year olds are little kids), as kids, as pre-teens, as teens, as young adults and as adult women. That's a lot of years to share a friendship. I have watched her expereince life and its events just as she has watched me. And now she is somebody's mother. That is a huge life event. I'm so happy I get to be a part of it and watch her on this journey too. Did that make any sense? It's not very eloquent, but I guess sometimes feelings can't be described with mere words. It's a good thing I didn't become a poet.

Here, this is better. Compliments of google.

A Wee Bit of Heaven


A wee bit of heaven

Drifted down from above

A handful of happiness

A heartful of love


A mystery of life

So sacred and sweet

The giver of joy

So deep and complete.


Precious and priceless

So lovable too

The world's sweetest miracle

Baby, it's you.

2 comments:

Maryellen said...

Aw, that was a wonderful post Natalie! It is amazing when your friends have children. Just wait until one of your brother's have one. That's pretty awesome too.

Megan said...

So now that Hadley is 11 weeks old I'm catching up on your blog...This post made me cry! I love being your friend and thanks for welcoming me to the Mommy Club.