Monday, July 18, 2011

Quack

Growing up I was a swimmer.  I swam competitively on a swim team every summer from about 3rd grade until I graduated from high school.  A couple of years I did it all winter too.

I want Spencer to be a swimmer.  I had so much fun doing swim team and I envision the same thing for him.

Last summer he was in the Tadpole class.  This summer he has been a Shrimp.  This is the order of advancement for classes after Shrimp:
Duck
Seahorse
Otter
Turtle
Frog
Porpoise
Marlin
Surfer


Spencer's first teacher this summer was Ms. Elena.


His 2nd teacher was Ms. Whitney.  I was trying hard to just not die during those classes (5:30 pm, 115 degrees on the deck), so there are 0 pictures.

His 3rd teacher was Ms. Becca.  She was really good.
This was the last day last week.  Ms. Becca let the kids play on the kid slide at the end of class.




I am so happy and proud to report that Spencer passed Shrimp.  He is allowed to enroll in Duck now.  Of course I had already enrolled him for 2 more weeks of Shrimp, but starting in August he's moving on up into the world of aquatic poultry.

Oh, and the report card that shows he passed Shrimp has been lost.

Some mother I am.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Quack, Quack...hey update your top row of pictures to your most recent Sonogram so Baby #2 looks more human! :-)

Maryellen said...

What a cute little duck you have! I LOVE the kid slide! That's awesome.

Cat said...

Congrats Spencer. Also, Natalie, I did not know you used to be a swimmer. Very cool.