Saturday, August 22, 2009

A new update

I don't have any pictures for this update because I haven't taken a picture in a week. That is very unlike me, but hey, I've been busy.

We moved all the boxes into the new house on Saturday. We hired movers to move all the funiture on Sunday and started living there Sunday night. We were there for 2 days before Southwest Gas came to turn the gas on. It's a good thing it was 108 degrees outside otherwise the cold showers would have been obnoxious.

I stayed up until midnight on Sunday, 4:30 am on Monday (and yes, got up and went to work 3 hours later), midnight on Tuesday and 1 am on Wednesday and Thursday unpacking. I cannot STAND living out of boxes. The main parts of the house (kitchen, dining room, living room and family room) are done. The bedrooms and bathrooms are still messes. No pictures have been hung. The garage is a level 4 catastrophe ( I just made that up. I don't think catastrophes have actual levels).

We have no phone service, no internet and no cable TV. Those are being hooked up next week. THANK GOD. I feel like I'm living in pioneer days. Or at least 1996. We're actually in Tucson at my parents house right now. We came down to go to Chelsea's birthday party tonight. It was nice to have a little break from the constant packing and unpacking that has been my life for the last 2 weeks.

I would like to be totally unpacked (except for maybe the boxes of winter clothes) by my birthday in 2 weeks. Think it can be done?

Oh, and one more thing. I saw the hand surgeon on Friday. He said I don't need to have surgery immediately. I can wait until I feel like the pain and weakness is really, really impacting my life. I'm not quite there yet, since the pain and weakness is intermittent. Yeah!

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

It was so nice to see you today! I'm glad your house is getting there - it will be unpacked and a "home" before you know it!

Chelsea's Mom said...

I am so happy you came to the BD party..especially at such a hectic time...thanks so much...great to see your whole family

Maryellen said...

You'll be all settled in soon.