Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm Baaaaack!

I don't know that I'm to the point of new posts daily just yet, but you won't have to wait a week to hear from me again.

We've been in the new house for a week now. There is still a lot of work to be done but the house is at least livable. And my standard of "livable" means no boxes. That is true for the following rooms: kitchen, family room, dining room, living room, guest room, laundry room and den/play room. It is not true for these rooms: Spencer's bedroom, the master bedroom, both bathrooms and the garage. I also have nothing hanging on the walls yet. That is unacceptable. I hope to remedy that by tomorrow when I leave Michael and his dad with a long list of to-do's. Once I feel like it is blog ready I will post some pictures of the new house.

In the mean time, we took pictures of the empty, Maricopa house. It was very bittersweet to take these. It reminded me of taking pictures when we first bought the house, before we moved in.

The dining room and living room

The bay window in our bedroom Spencer's room
The kitchen
The family room. Look at how NASTY that carpet was (but only on the areas where we walked around the furniture). Click on this picture to enlarge it. Spencer looks like he's about 14 and Ginger is demonic. Spencer found a bag of his old, outgrown clothes yesterday. He insisted on putting on his winter jammies. It took a lot of stretching to get them snapped. This is in the den/playroom. He was very proud of himself

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

You're moving right along. I hope you aren't staying up until 4:30am any more.