Friday, July 2, 2021

A mostly fun weekend in Tucson

We drove down to Tucson on Thursday the 24th in the evening.  That night Raquel and my uncle came to dinner.  I took zero pictures.

On Friday morning my mom and I walked Kevin.  Then I went grocery shopping, she went to her singing lesson, and Michael took the kids to see his parents.  On Friday night my mom and I went out for a fabulous dinner, just the two of us.  We went to Hacienda del Sol, which is a hotel, but also has a lovely restaurant.


The only unenjoyable part was this severed hand art right next to me. 

I took all these pictures after dinner as we walked back to the car. 











Michael and I walked Kevin on Friday night and I took this picture of the full moon. 
After his walk we couldn't find this silly dog anywhere.  He had crawled under a bed and fallen asleep.  He totally ignored us calling to him. 

On Saturday my friend Elisa, her husband Ian, and their two kids came over.  They moved to Virginia about 2.5 years ago and this was our first time seeing them in about 1.5 years. 

We ate lunch and visited and asked the kids if we could take a group picture.  They were all agreeable, except Max.  Max was not happy about the photo session.





We wanted to be like Max too. 


My dad had been in Mesa for a conference, but he came back on Saturday afternoon.  Kevin was glad to see him. 
My mom and I walked Kevin on Sunday morning.  When we got home we started making breakfast, because we planned on driving home early in the day. Then my mom burned her hand quite badly, I smashed my toe/foot again trying to rush to my shoes so I could take her to urgent care, and we did not leave early.  That is the not-fun part of the title. 

There were lots of Kevin cuddles though. 







No comments: