Wednesday, August 8, 2018

My 1st week

I haven't logged on to my blog since last week, so I apologize if there has been some sort of malware redirecting you to another site for a while.  I have no idea how that happened or how long it was on here, but I seem to have fixed it.  

I went back to work last week after a glorious four weeks off.  This is the ultra boring chronicle of my week going back.

On Sunday (the 29th) the kids were rolling coins after 10 days of no screen time.  I'm surprised it took 10 days because according to them there is nothing to do in this house. 


Monday the 30th was the first day of my 15th year as a Speech Language Pathologist. 

Michael took this picture before I left.  New purse.  Old lunch bag.

In my office. 

I got my new evaluation materials all set up!




And I only lasted in shoes until 1 pm. 
I finished my annual security test where I promise I won't leave a laptop at the airport in Paris should I ever be traveling there for my job.  This is the same test that every single person under the broad jurisdiction of the US Department of the Interior takes.  I have to take it because Dept of Interior> Dept of Indian Affairs> Dept of Indian Education> my school.
When I got home I made banana chocolate chip bread to bring for the staff potluck breakfast the next day. 


I worked on Tuesday the 31st.  Michael ended up being home all day because the power was out in the entire building where he works.  The kids went to school.  

We went to Baskin Robbins for $1.50 scoops after dinner. $1.50 scoops on the 31st of each month in case you didn't know. 


I worked on Wednesday the 1st.  The lush sunflowers are no longer lush after the harsh AZ summer. 

And I also worked on Thursday the 2nd.  I stopped to run some errands after work and to pick up dinner and this huge dust storm hit before I could make it home. 

Big puffy cloud eating the sun right before the 70 mile wide wall of dust hit. 

See it rolling in? 

Five minutes later, driving through the parking lot. 


I had to take all surface streets home and it was awful. 


NOT my pictures, but this is what more professional photographers captured as it was rolling in.




Up next: the worst post I will ever write so I'll probably postpone it as long as I can. 

No comments: