Thursday, August 2, 2018

Harry Potter 20th Anniversary Party

Spencer and I went to a Harry Potter party at a local bookstore on Saturday the 28th.  It was an anniversary party to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the American release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I don't understand how it's even possible that Harry Potter came out 20 years ago, but I knew we needed to go.  

I was trying to take a picture of my Hogwarts bow.  It wasn't so successful. 
Backdrop at the bookstore.  I should have asked them if I could keep it when the party was done to use for Spencer's 11th birthday party. 

Floating candles that I think were just paper. 

There were a bunch of activities set up around the store for the kids to do. 

Painting with "potions" 


Spencer picked the crystal ball instead of the tea leaves to have his fortune told. 



Quidditch 



Costume competition

Spencer did not win

Refreshments.  We had to buy cupcakes. 


The drink was free.

Spencer got butterbeer
They had magical creatures hidden around the store.  We found each one. 

Billywig

Bowtruckle

Mandrake

Acromantula

Gridylow

Hippogriff 

Mountain troll

Phoenix

Niffler

Cornish Pixie

American Boy

Someone from the bookstore also took this picture of Spencer.  Maybe he'll be famous. 


More pictures with the backdrop before we left. 


Painting a wand (chopstick with hot glue)


And finally, a better picture of the bow. 

What a fab day!

No comments: