Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Root canal and desert beauty

Last Wednesday, the 11th, I went to the bank after work.  This mess was in the parking lot.  What the hell happened here?  Some kind of tree massacre?



Ginger, that afternoon.
Spencer came home from school with a Head Injury Form.  I already knew about it because the nurse called me earlier.

"Unauthorized yo-yo" is my favorite new phrase. 

As I am writing this it's been a week, and it still looks awful. 

I took some pictures of the rest of him since I was making him take pictures.

Terrible

Awful

Elliott wore his new tiger shorts on Thursday the 12th.  I need to find a better matching shirt. 
I walked Ginger when I took the kids to the bus stop.  We got home to find our neighbor's garage door looking like this. Uh-O!
I went in for a double root canal that afternoon.  It was really not bad.  It hurt when I got the first shot, but there was no pain after that.  It was uncomfortable and not pleasant, but there was no pain.  In fact I couldn't feel the entire front part of my face for about six hours after. 

I took some before pictures. 

These are the teeth they did.  I'll take some after pictures in a few weeks to see if there is any noticeable difference. 
After the root canal I took the kids to piano lessons.  Elliott had an allergic reaction, most likely to a cat at Ms. Jana's house. 

On Friday I went to the botanical gardens with my Aunt Janis.  I took a billion pictures of the gorgeous desert in bloom. Feel free to scroll quickly. 










I took this picture,  

and then a bunch of Army helicopters flew by.  











The vegetable garden 



Elliott really wanted to sleep in the guest room that night, so we let him.  He loved it and announced he's sleeping in there every weekend.   



He woke up much earlier than usual on Saturday, so we may not be allowing this new sleeping location. 

No comments: