Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Salt Dough Eggs

Pinterest told me that we needed to make some salt dough egg ornaments for Easter.  When Pinterest tells me to do something, I listen.
 
So, last Friday we measured out the salt and flour.  We added water and stirred.
 
Then we worked out our aggresion and kneaded.

 
And kneaded some more.
 
We rolled and cut.
 
Spencer used a straw and a toothpick to add a hole for the string.

This is the link for where I got the idea and the recipe:
 
We bought pastel paints and stickers to finish our eggs.  We were going to buy paint pens so our eggs could look like these eggs, but they were $17 for a pack of 4.  Stickers seem much more economical.

We had planned on painting all of the eggs on Saturday, but we got sidetracked by Spencer's room.  Spencer's room had become completely out of control in the last 6 months.  It was to the point where I felt anxious when I was in there because it was such a mess.
 
So on Saturday morning we took a little trip to IKEA. After breakfast in the cafe we hit the kid section and bought a bunch of matching, stacking containers.  When we got home we pulled everything out of his closet and out of the corners of his room (where he likes to make piles).
 
This is what we started with.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, six hours later we were done.  But I don't have any after pictures.  Because I am a lame blogger.
 
It is much, much, much better in there now.  I actually want to be in his room so I can just revel in the organization.
 
The new plan is to paint the eggs this weekend.  Once we're done I'll show you.  And perhaps I will throw in some room "after" pictures too.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Okay, Mrs. OCD Pinterest lady...we are going to need some actual pictures of the finished project soon! You and Pinterest definitely have a very special relationship. ;-)