Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The rest of the story

Remember when I wrote a post about Mother's Day and all that happened that day?  If not, you can refresh your memory here.

Well, more happened that day that I did not tell you about.  Specifically, that was the day we found out we were expecting.  I made Michael go to the store at 7 am because I had a hunch.  A positive hunch.  We knew by 7:30 am.

That's my belly in the background, which you cannot see because I'm wearing black and Michael took the picture too close.  Oh well.
After we went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory we went to Carter's where I picked up this little number.  Oh yes, I plan on continuing the tradition of new crab clothes every year for this kid too.
So that's it.  That's the story you didn't hear that day.  It was hard to keep it a secret, but we felt so much better telling everyone after having an ultrasound.

Many people have been asking how I'm feeling.  I really feel good.  I am more tired than usual, but am way less tired that I was with Spencer.  When I got pregnant with Spencer I was working 40+ hours a week, I had 55 kids on my caseload and I was commuting close to 2 hours a day.  With this pregnancy I have been working around 15 hours a week, I had 17 kids on my caseload at the end of the year, no commute and a built-in nap/resting period every day.  It makes a huge difference.

I have had no nausea or morning sickness, but from weeks 6-9 I felt pretty yucky and blah all the time.  I've been feeling much better for the last week or so. 

When I first found out I was pregnant I was craving buffalo hot sauce and was putting it on everything.  Then I saw how much sodium it had (A LOT) and stopped cold turkey.  Now I cannot stand the thought of hot sauce. Any hot sauce.  Even this picture makes me queasy.  I don't want to see it, smell it or know it exists.  My dad almost killed my when he poured hot sauce all over his soup last week. 


I've had no specific cravings, but I have been having a fudgesicle most afternoons.  It seems to make me feel better. 



I knew from the minute I knew I was pregnant with Spencer that he was a boy.  When they told us that at the ultrasound I was not at all surprised.  They were just confirming what I already knew.  I have no such feeling this time around.

Speaking of Spencer, I showed him the little crab outfit this afternoon (I've been hiding it in the laundry room).  He oohed and aahed about how tiny it was.  Then he said that the new baby could wear all of his old clothes that he had when he was a baby.

Melted my heart.

P.S.  Here is the 1st of MANY comparison pictures:


4 comments:

The GVZs said...

I am not sure how I feel about seeing so many pictures of something you peed on, but I definitely support the daily fudgesicle! :) Congrats, again!

Maryellen said...

I'm truly excited for you guys! I'm also very impressed by your comparison pictures. I'm not organized like you. It would take me forever to find old pictures.

Maryellen said...

I also was going to comment about your pee sticks. Leave it to Janet to do it for me. ;)

k and j said...

LOVE it :)

and i la-love seeing the actual peed on sticks wooooooo!!