Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Mother of A Day

Mother's Day was an entire week ago.

I was going to write a blog post on Monday.  Then stuff happened.  Stuff like we went to Tucson on Monday for my uncle's retirement lunch and came back on Tuesday and then I had to work on Thursday and it messed up the entire schedule and flow of the week.  I'm just now getting around to blogging about MY day.  No biggie.

The day started God-awful early when Spencer popped out of bed at 6:15.  He hasn't been up that early, like, ever.

We snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons until a more decent hour.
Then it was time for my presents!
I got the easy feet foot scrubber, silicon egg poachers and a silver salad server.
Lest you think Michael is crazy for buying these things, you should know that I actually gave him quite a detailed list to pick from.
Then it was time for breakfast.

I poached eggs in my new poachers,
and enjoyed them with my favorite morning beverage,
and my favorite family members.
Ginger's family room bed has been moved to the kitchen (and a new one was purchased for the family room).  Now she doesn't have to lay on the hard floor while waiting for niblets to drop for her.
Michael did the dishes for me.  He pretty much does the dishes at every meal though. 
Ahhhh.  What a guy.
Then we got ready and took pictures.
This is how Spencer wanted our picture to look.
This is what won.
A preview of father's day?
Then we went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  I picked it so that we could walk around the mall while we waited for a table.
I got the grilled shrimp and bacon club.  I didn't take a picture of it while we were there, so I googled it to find one for this blog post.  Looks good huh?

While looking for an image of it, I found a list on yahoo health about the top 10 worst sandwiches in the country.

Guess what was #1:

#1: The Worst Sandwich in America

Cheesecake Factory Grilled Shrimp & Bacon Club
1930 calories
24 g saturated fat
2,965 mg sodium

It's no surprise really that an item from the Cheesecake Factory would make it to the "Worst" spot on any list. Since the Factory was forced to give up their nutrition information in California, we've learned that this irresponsible chain has a menu full of items that pack in well over 1,000 calories—and in some cases, well over 2,000. Their argument is usually that the dishes are meant to be split, or saved for later. But who splits a sandwich? Do the math for them, and order a half-sandwich when eating at Cheesecake.
___________________________________________________
In my defense, I did eat half for lunch and then half for dinner.

After my diet busting lunch we went back home where Spencer took a nap, I took a picture with my canine daughter and we lounged the rest of the day.

It was a great mother's day.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks like an awesome day and your DD coffee drink is making me crave it more than EVER now that I know one is opening down the street!

Laura said...

You look like you're sixteen in the picture with Ginger. Lucky you.

k and j said...

mmm that sandwich :)

glad it was a good one!

love your gifts hahaha :)

all i want these day's is random stuff like that. ha.