Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Doggie stuff, IQ and the new carseat

It's a lot of topics, but it was a more interesting title than "photo dump", which is the true purpose of this post.

#1. Doggie Stuff

A couple of weeks ago we stopped by the pet store at the mall.  I am very opposed to buying dogs from a pet store.  There are legitimate reasons for buying a dog from a breeder, but if you're not going that route I think you should adopt a pet in need.  It might make me hypocrite, but I do like to walk through the pet store to look at the puppies.  Look.  Not buy.  

Two weeks ago they had a baby beagle right next to a baby basset.  It was tempting.

Alas, I don't have an extra $1500 (beagle) or $1600 (basset) just sitting around. 

Doggie stuff continued

After Spencer was born we bought Ginger this little red bed to keep in our room.  She would lay next to me while I nursed and since I nursed all day long I wanted her to be comfy.
When we moved to this house the red bed went to the family room and over time has become very thin and worn out.

A couple weeks ago Spencer and I went to Home Goods and found this feminine little number.  I kind of love it.  I kind of want sheets with this print for my own bed.
Ginger was pretty happy.  It took her .3 seconds to cozy right on up.

We took the bed to Tucson last week.  She enjoyed it for a moment.
And then made herself comfy on the couch.  Silly little beagle.  I like how she's giving me the stink eye.
#2. IQ

We gave this book to Spencer for his birthday.  It came with a dry erase marker and every page has letters to practice.  One day last week Spencer pulled this out and all on his own (I wasn't even in the room) did all the letters.  I just marvel at his intelligence.
And then he sticks a bucket on his head and laughs and laughs.
#3. The new carseat

We haven't had 2 car seats since Spencer turned 2.  Our second one was borrowed from friends and then they had a surprise 3rd baby.  Starting in August Spencer is going to Megan's house 1 day a week.  Michael will drop him off and I will pick him up.  We need to have 2 car seats.

Off to the store we went.
This one makes him feel a little gangsta.
He declared driving in daddy's car as "really cool".

4 comments:

CC said...

Love those puppy pics! soooo cute!!

I've gotten my kids all those educational things, and for the most part they've been totally ignored. Such a bummer for me!

Megan said...

I want a beagle puppy and a second car seat. I imagine we'll only get one of these things...can you guess which one?

PS - Can't wait for a weekly playdate!

The GVZs said...

The bucket head picture literally made me laugh out loud.

Krista said...

Homegoods has the best beds! I got Mia a cute one there too. Unfortunately she still prefers either the couch, our bed, or the floor. Weird.