Monday, August 2, 2010

What you can do when it's not 114 degrees

We had a big monsoon storm on Thursday afternoon. This was the sky as the storm was rollin' on in. Love it.

We got another big storm on Friday night/early Saturday morning. I actually stayed up just so I could listen to the rain. It's so rare an event I didn't want to miss it by doing something normal like sleeping at 1 am. It was really cool on Saturday morning (if you consider 88 and muggy with a light breeze to be cool). We decided to take Spencer to the park/splash pad.

We had a blast. I don't know where all the other families were, because the park was empty. What could they have possibly been doing when there was an awesome cloudy day to enjoy?













3 comments:

chelsea said...

Crap. You totally just reminded me that I have splash pad pictures to post. But my camera is waaaaaaay over there. And I'm waaaaaaaay over here. Darn.

Looks like fun!

Maryellen said...

You guys are such great parents. I love all the great activities you provide for Spencer.

Karen said...

Looks fun! We enjoyed the rainy day at our own park although the splash pad now seems like a more awesome idea in hindsight.