Monday, August 16, 2010

Hostage

Michael looked at the ol' blog today and was surprised I haven't posted anything new since Thursday. I reminded him that my life has been taken hostage by the damn ________ (insert project name here) that I've been working on. I eat, breath and sleep this thing. It's always on my mind. I've been working on it non-stop for days (OK, there might have been some TV watching in there too). I will never be so glad as the day it's done.

A preview







I like to think that I saved a couple bucks by using large sunglasses instead of safety goggles. I might change my mind when my eyeballs, crusted over with sawdust, fall out of my face.

Just kidding. My eyes are fine. The sunglasses totally worked.

I'll post pictures when I've been set free from the tyranny of this damn thing.

5 comments:

Maryellen said...

I can't wait! I think your handy work is going to be awesome!

chelsea said...

You are hilarious! I can't wait to see it!

Jennifer said...

I am anxiously awaiting the reveal!!

Anonymous said...

LITERALLY my nightmare on Elm Street. The WORST thing I had to do in my entire house was strip & re-stain the banister. However, it came out MINT & was totally worth the hard work. Good luck!
-Megan
ps - so far, I've made classic whoopies, chocolate with peanut butter filling & s'mores. I'm a whoopie making fool

Cat said...

Hmm...I was contemplating stripping and restaining a door upstairs, perhaps, I'll just buy a new door. You and Megan are making me nervous.