Saturday, October 17, 2009

A momentous milestone

Last week I said that we had more dog beds than human beds in our house. That is no longer true. The human to dog bed ratio is now even. We have 5 of each.

My parents are re-doing my old bedroom at their house and are buying a new bed for it. I got a brand new mattress about 8 months before I moved out and since then it has been used only occasionally, as my parents have a real guest bedroom. Last week my mom and dad gave us my twin mattress and box spring.

The momentous milestone is that we took the crib apart and Spencer has moved into a big boy bed.

This.......is not the bed. This is the bed that is in Spencer's "room". Room is in quotes because he has never slept in his "room" a night of his life. His "room" is used to store clothes and toys. We use this bed for changing diapers and to get him ready for bed.

Here is the new big boy bed.

We got a fancy mesh bed rail so he doesn't fall out. And how adorable are these new fleece sheep sheets? (say that 5 times fast)

Spencer thinks his new bed is pretty cool.

Just for fun, let's take a wide shot to show you the big boy bed's proximity to mom and dad's bed. Yessiree. We hope to move Spencer out of our room right before we move him into his freshman dorm. Even then I'll probably have to drive over there every night to rock him to sleep. I hope he doesn't attend college somewhere on the east coast.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I want Spencer's sheets. Seriously.