Sunday, December 9, 2012

Spencer is a horder

Our bathroom is done. Our bedroom and closet are almost done. Elliott's room is done.  The living room is done.  The dining room is about 10 minutes away from being done.  The kitchen has 4 more boxes full of random crap that I just don't know how to unpack (because I should really unpack all of it into the garbage).  The family room is done but gets messed up everyday with toys.  The garage has been done on 19 separate occassions, but is currently not done.  It's close though.  Very close.
 
Spencer's room, however, is not done.  And it's not close to being done.  Spencer is a horder.  I didn't have time to go through his stuff while it was being packed, so I have to go through it as I am unpacking/organizing.  I also have to sneak stuff out while he is sleeping  Every time I walk in there I feel a sense of dread.  Spencer's room is going to take just as much time as the entire rest of the house.  And I don't have this time because Elliott's party is on Saturday!
 
Spencer's game shelf looks nice.  It's the only thing in there that does.
In other news, I have been planning Elliott's 1st birthday party since January 6th.  He was 21 days old and it was the first day since we rushed him to the ER on January 2nd that I really believed he wouldn't die from sepsis.  It was a Friday and I really, really needed something happy to occupy my time.  So basically I've had 11.5 months to get this party ready.  Am I ready?  Not even close.  Today I made a list of the lists I need to make.  That's step 1.  There are 8,947 more steps to finish by noon on Saturday.
 
Winston isn't helping.  On Sunday morning we awoke to find him riding on Stampy (yes, the elephant is named Stampy, and yes, he wears that Santa hat every year).  Damn elf.  What good is he if he's only up to mischief?  Unpack a box, Winston.  That would be helpful.
 
Monday morning will find him engaged in a mind-blowing game of memory with Snoopy.   
I fear that Winston has some sort of hypotonic muscle disorder. The poor lad can't even sit upright without a strong adhesive (i.e. packing tape) being utilized.
 
And finally, before I head back to the den of despair that is my first born's room, we finally found and purchased a window covering for this beast in the kitchen.  Every morning I come strolling into the kitchen only to be hit in the eye with cornea damaging rays streaming through this uncovered, South facing window.  Michael got the valance hung tonight.  I need to take it back down so I can iron it,  but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen until 2013.  It will bother me and I won't be able to breath knowing that people are looking at the wrinkles during the party, but I have at least 8 months of work to put into Spencer's room in the next 4 days.    
And I need to do a lot of it tonight, because tomorrow I will be busy purchasing an oversized clock, such as this one.
 
I decided at 11:20 this morning that this will be an important feature in our bedroom.
 
 

2 comments:

k and j said...

love this!!! griff is a hoarder tooooo ahh. my mom is getting him a wooden treasure chest for xmas to keep all his crap in that he cant bear to throw away lol.

Cat said...

I must restate that I LOVE your blog. It is truly delightful to read. :)