Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Staying home

After Ginger's official diagnosis of Valley Fever, and with her continuing to slip and fall, we decided we couldn't leave her alone at all until........well, we didn't know how long.  

I stopped at The Uprooted Kitchen on Thursday evening after picking up Ginger's medication from the vet.  You might remember that it is the restaurant owned by Elliott's former occupational therapist, Chad, and his wife. I was explaining to them what was going on with Ginger and how stressed I was and that I needed somebody to watch her for one hour on Friday so I could do to the dentist.  I had made several calls already and nobody could do it.  Then a friend of their's showed up to buy dinner and he overheard us talking. Out of nowhere he volunteered to come watch Ginger.  I looked at Chad with questioning eyes and he said that he had known both of us for about two years and he thought it was fine for both sides. 

So that is how it came to be that this guy Marc came to my house on Friday morning and dog-sat Ginger for an hour. I didn't even know his last name until he left his business card for me.  And then the business card led me to his Facebook page where I borrowed his picture.  
Ginger and Marc had a great time together.  He worked on his laptop and she napped.  

After he left she gave me some looks like, what the heck just happened around this place?

Saturday was a busy day.  In addition to keeping a watchful eye on Ginger, Michael and I cleaned the whole house (me) and the whole yard (him). 

At 3:00 my sisterhood friends came over for a poolside cocktail party. 

Garnishes for the drinks. 

Fruit kebab stir sticks for drinks.  

Plastic glasses with umbrellas and booze in the background. 

Juices 

So, after 2.5 hours of sitting at the kitchen table and talking we went out by the pool to take a picture.  
The 2 minutes we were out there was the total amount of time we spent by the pool.  Oops.  The pool party that wasn't.  

Ginger enjoyed our company.  
Right after the sisterhood left I started making dinner because my friend and former supervisor, Marva, was in town from Dallas.  She had dinner with us and spent the night.  

Elliott made a welcome sign for her. 

This is the only picture I took, but it was taken after midnight, so we obviously had a good time.  

1 comment:

Cat said...

Busy day, but as always, your ladies events sound fun!