Wednesday, August 9, 2017

IKEA, student council and teeth

That title I just wrote is 100% accurate.  That's exactly what we're going to discuss.  Plus, some bonus pictures of Ginger because what is a post without Ginger. 

Last Friday, the 4th, I went to IKEA.  I got there about 10 minutes before they opened thinking the downstairs cafe would be open and I could get my free cup of coffee and drink it before going upstairs.  Turns out the restaurant opens early, but not the cafe. So I had to sit and wait.  With no coffee to keep me company.

It was lonely in there. 

I was looking for some stuff for home and some stuff for work.  

I thought about this for work. 

But ended up going with this much cheaper alternative. 
I also got this balloon wall light for Elliott.  I thought for sure he was going to hate it, but (even though it was hanging on the wall) I didn't mention it for five days so he wouldn't see my excitement and automatically reject it.  We didn't talk about it until Tuesday.  Because of that he loves it and wants me to go back and buy the blue and yellow ones. 

He likes it on at night to use as a night light. 


The rest of my day was spent at home with this lil' lady. 

We watched Lincoln, which was either a boring movie or a fascinating documentary.  I'm still not sure. 

Spencer had asked us a few days prior if he could run for student council as student council representative for his class.  Of course we said yes.  The election was on Friday, and he won!

His winning speech. 
In other exciting news, Elliott lost his first tooth.  The first thing he told me when he woke up Friday morning was that his teeth hurt.  I looked and both bottom front teeth were incredibly loose.  I thought the right one would come out first followed soon after by the left, but it ended up being opposite.  He lost the left one first right at the end of school. 
I was curious how Elliott compared in age to Spencer losing his first tooth so I looked it up in Spencer's baby book.  Spencer lost his first tooth on April 2, 2013.  He was 5 years, 6 months and 27 days old.  Elliott was 5 years, 7 months and 19 days old.  The first tooth Spencer lost was the first tooth he ever got.  Elliott's was his second tooth.  Just random trivia for nobody to ever remember. 

More pictures of Ginger before bedtime. 

Saturday was another exciting tooth day.  I made banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and Elliott was eating them with his fingers because he insisted the fork hurt his remaining loose tooth too much. I was still flipping pancakes on the stove top so Michael told Elliott he was making too much of a mess and to use his fork. Elliott's response was: "well, dad, if I make a huge mess I can just use something called, oh, I don't know, A SINK OR A WASHCLOTH to clean up." That was entirely too much sass for us, so after breakfast I made him bite a whole apple and then, no more loose tooth. 

Did I mention school pictures are in a few days? 
We did a bunch of cleaning and tidying on Saturday.  I made the decision to get rid of this wine tower that my parents won years ago.   It's not going far, because Nick is going to take it. 
Spencer went to his friend Julian's house for a sleepover on Saturday night.  Then he stayed all day to attend  Julian's birthday party.  He didn't come home on Sunday until 5:00 pm.   It was just enough time to take his last monthly picture at a 9 year old.  The next one will be on his 10th birthday.  WHAT?!

No comments: