Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Post 4th in Tucson

We had one day after the 4th at home before we headed to Tucson for a long weekend.  And it was a delightful day.  Spencer went to a friend's house for the entire day and Elliott had a croupy sounding cough, so I had him skip swim lessons and we just stayed home all day.

Ginger appreciated all the nap times. 
She has become quite anxious and attached to us as she has aged and it distresses her when we leave.  So of course I'm distressed when she's distressed, so really the best solution is to stay home all the time.  In pajamas. 

She's so comfortable and calm when she knows we're home. 
Spencer's play date was actually a triple play date.  He and Cole both went to Julian's house. Julian's mom sent me this picture because seriously, what are the chances they would both wear the same shirt? 

Elliott watched a movie that afternoon and I had happy hour in bed watching The Kingsman. 
And at some point we put the new pool thermometer in the pool.  I don't know how to do fancy knots, so this is what I came up with. 

And for the record, the pool is at 92 degrees. 
We drove down to Tucson on Thursday, July 6th.  We had dinner at my mom's friend Sheila's house.  We took a family picture in honor of my parent's wedding anniversary the next day.  44 years. 
It wasn't until the next day that I remembered I had never taken Spencer's monthly picture.  That is two times in 2017 for Spencer.  And one time for Elliott.  After about five years of total perfection.  What is wrong with me?!  So, I did the best I could with a little cropping.  At least it was taken on the 6th

9 years 10 months

On Friday morning July 7th, my parent's actual anniversary, I have them their gift.  A new wine decanter, because they have two, but one was cracked and one was chipped. 
I had lunch with my friend Brendan on Friday but I didn't take any pictures.  That afternoon we packed up and then we went to Josh and Laura's for the rest of the weekend. 

We had been planning for months on spending the weekend at Mt. Lemmon with Josh and Laura and their girls, but unfortunately there is a huge forest fire burning up there and everybody has been evacuated and the road was closed.  We didn't want to cancel the whole weekend, so we decided we'd just spend the weekend in Tucson.

Friday night we got the largest pizza I've ever seen.  I wish I had included something for comparison sake, but trust me.  It was enormous. 

We went out for brunch on Saturday and then went to see Despicable Me 3.  After the movie it was back to Josh and Laura's for cocktails and pool time.

We soaked pineapple cubes in rum, 

and used those in some totally delicious pina coladas. 







After swimming and showers I caught Elliott and Samantha talking about how terrible it is to be the second kid because their siblings are so mean.  Poor babies. 

No comments: