Monday, July 3, 2017

My last week of work, part 1

Last week was my last week of work for an entire month.  I go back for the 2017-2018 school year on July 31st.  It will be my 14th year of being a speech language pathologist.  I ended up having so many kids this summer for extended school year that I had to add two extra days of work because I just couldn't gt everything done in two days a week.  So I ended up working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week. 

I didn't work on Monday the 26th though.  And I could not tell you a single thing that happened that day.  Well, except that we got Spencer's swim team pictures in the mail.  And I only know that because I took pictures of the pictures that day. 

I did work on Tuesday the 27th.  It was a busy day at work and then I did an adorable photo shoot with Ginger that night. 

She was watching Michael make lunches and was hoping for a tasty morsel. 


Wednesday morning the 28th was horribly stressful, as I had to get Elliott to day care by 7:00 am and me to work by 7:40 am so that I didn't miss the bus to go on a field trip.  I usually drop Elliott off at 7:40.  It was also his last day of daycare ever, so there was the added element of that.  Thankfully Spencer went to a friend's house for the day and they picked him up, otherwise I never would have made it in time. 

The field trip was to the new OdySea Aquarium in Scottsdale.  We got a grant that paid for something like 150 people to go.  It's $25 per kid and $35 per adult.  Gulp!

We had a great day.  I was with two girls from my speech therapy caseload and we really did have fun together.


A sloth named Squidney. 




Edited for privacy.




Faces and shirt edited for privacy. 







Spencer had a friend spend the night on Wednesday night.  This was Spencer waiting for Julian to arrive.  I told Spencer I would delete this picture and never, ever show it to anyone ever. 

Up next: the rest of the week and then 4th of July festivities. 

No comments: