Thursday, February 11, 2016

Picture projects and the Super Bowl

Well. It's happened for the first time in 2016.  I'm behind on blogging once again.  I had a pretty good 5 week run, but then life got in the way.  We've got a fun weekend coming up that is somewhat filled with activities, so I'll just plow through the every day stuff right now.

On Sunday, January 31st (see- I'm really behind!) I made breakfast cookies.   The middle was filled with raspberry jam and a huge chocolate chips.  Michael said they were really good, but the kids refused to eat them. 


I started working on a picture project/ order that day and took before pictures of the pictures.
That night there was a storm and Ginger was a frightened little baby.  She was hiding in the bathroom on full alert.
I worked on Monday the 1st to do a make-up day that my aid had missed in January.  I took pictures of Valentine's decorations when I got home.  I may or may not do a post about them.  We'll see how the rest of the month goes.
I continued working on the picture project on Tuesday the 2nd.  They are all ready to hang, and yet, more than a week later they still continue sitting on the dining room table.  Ahem, Michael.

I did get the new prints into these frames on Wednesday the 3rd.

I worked on Thursday the 4th and when I got home I took, like, 58 random pictures of Ginger.  Just for fun, I guess.



Michael's parents came up from Tucson on Saturday the 6th so that Michael and his dad could replace our malfunctioning garage door opener.

This is the old one.  It's most likely original to the house.  The paper on the right is covering the opener for the 3rd car garage door that can't be opened because there are shelves right in front of it.  Yes, we agree we should just unplug it, but, whatever.
This thing has been slowly failing and dying for 18 months.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  And there is no rhyme or reason as to why.

We went out for dinner that night at a place called the Black Bear Diner.  The kids dressed appropriately.

We also took Spencer's 8 year 5 month picture.


Official

On Sunday the 7th Michael and his dad finished the garage door project.  It took much longer than expected because apparently our attic (which is over the garage) is collapsing and it's a huge problem and we're going to have to go major adult on it and fix it somehow.


The afternoon brought about Michael on a ladder for another home project,

and the Super Bowl......for which the kids were once again appropriately dressed.




I made ribs and guacamole for the occasion.  And there were chips.  Lots of chips.

2 comments:

Cat said...

It could be worse, I am MONTHS behind on my blog.

Sherry said...

I love the pictures of the boys with the bears. Sounds like a cool restaurant. Yikes to your attic issues. I hope it isn't too costly. I know what you mean about garage doors. Our house in Charlotte had some really old ones that were always troublesome. You're not going to tell us what the home project was that had Michael on the ladder? Seriously, just leave us all hanging why don't you! :-)